16 November 2011


Now that Barnes and Noble has their Nook Simple on sale for $89 (with a Banes and Noble membership), I am all about getting this for Christmas. I even learned that you can get free e-books through my library! So having one would save me tons of money, only buying hard copies of books I absolutely need (or love so much that I want it on my book shelf!). I really like this cover to go with it as well. The quote is one of my absolute favorites and it'll make my Nook look like a real book! Here are some of the other benefits of getting an e-reader (in my opinion): 

  • they don't have a glare, so it's perfect for reading outside
  • so light so it's not like having to carry tons of heavy books in my purse
  • a lot of textbooks can be downloaded to it 
  • you can download books for free from any library website that you have a membership to! 
  • traveling between here and LA will be a lot better not having to carry tons of books 

2 comments:

kitten roar said...

i am so so torn on e-readers. on one hand, i LOVE books and have no complaints about carrying them around with me or reading them outside/on the bus/on my couch, etc. but at the same time...e-readers are cool gadgets...and i wouldn't have to leave to go buy a book ;) and a lot of libraries are doing e-book rentals!

alexis-sierra said...

Honestly, I was the same exact way. I love my books, but going back and forth between Ohio and Los Angeles, I think it would be nice to have tons of books with me, and not taking up suitcase room! Also, carrying extra books around campus gets heavy when you already have a laptop, textsbooks, and god knows what else. I would suggest looking into them! It is finally seeming really appealing to me!

Post a Comment