17 November 2011

decor inspirations

With Ryan getting the new apartment, I've taken it upon myself to turn a pretty shabby college apartment into something with a home feel. Throughout the process I saved a couple photos but forgot to save sources with them, so if you leave me a comment with proper credit that would be great. Otherwise, just know that these are photos just saved off of the Internet that I plan on putting into a notebook as home inspirations-


I love everything about this one: from the organized clutter to the chalkboard wall to the hanging pans. I wish I could say me and Ryan were neat, but this seems like just the kind of place we'd have if this was our space- but that would involved actually having pots and pans or an open kitchen. Oh well, one can dream.


Now that I'm hooked on knitting again, I loved this when I saw it. First the colorful yarn adds personality to the room, and also, wicker baskets always look nice! I can imagine having one full of yarn and knitting needles and the other full of whatever random wires, cords, and plugs that Ryan could come up with! 


Two of my favorite things- the color white and Christmas lights! I am still trying to convince Ryan that we need to go thrifting to find a kitchen table and chairs; I really love the high table and stools look, or anything light colored! I've always enjoyed being able to sit down and eat at a table, so hopefully I can convince him that a dining room is a better idea than filling it as a studio space! (maybe i'll just go buy one and he won't have much of a choice!) 


Instead of filling corners with guitars, I think we need to find something like this to hang Ryans guitars on the wall. It's perfect decoration, shows Ryans personality well, and would decrease clutter/keep his instruments safer than the floor! I also am really fond of how the posters are hung and will definitely be doing this either in our room or in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment